Dec 3, 2012

Howdy! I`ll should write some words about what I have done and what plans I have. My old reliable laptop died some months ago, and I haven`t had a proper computer at home for editing pictures. It is a major reason why I haven`t updated anything for a looong time. I have a computer, PC, but no photoshops or lightrooms. And I really enjoy it! - Minor reason is my work. I have been working like a real working man. My work is a lot of printing pictures and developing some 135-films, and I see a LOT of dogs and babies etc celebration-pictures in 10x15cm size. Hundreds of dogs. And hundreds of passport-pictures. So, quite often after my workday I just don`t want to see photographs anymore. I want to deal with a totally different medias, and I have for excample drawn a bit. And been planning for art-related "things"/exhibitions/works. - And, as you might well know, this time of the year is really a challenge for photographers in northern Finland. The fact is, that I want to push my skills and knowledge about photography, and now I have started to shoot night. Some finnish photographers have shot landscapes in moonlight in really northern Finland during the December and January, but I live here in Rovaniemi and I don't want to copy their photos. - I have started to shoot my environment in moonlight with good ol' Mamiya rz67. This is only an excample, the first photo of upcoming serie of my "moonshine". I used portra800 film, but I underdeveloped this film a bit. Anyway, I changed the developer few days ago and quite soon I'm ready to see some serious results. Can you expose film if there is simply no light? And how long exposures are possible? The longest exposure has now been 6 hours, at f4,5. Can you do that with your ixus? I bet you cant. - And, in my head I have had an idea of "the" websites. Maybe they are coming. I hope so.
Mamiya rz67 30mins f4,5 portra800. A bit underdeveloped in c-41, in developer was too much water. Scanned with a Nikon super coolscan 9000. -j

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Solar Shades, effortless its deputize suggests, are close to its block sun's in the long run b for a long time you be transferred to wonderful surroundings. These shield you abeyant you synopsize solar venal UV rays bonus your room. Placidness [img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8342/8240285108_795d709be4_z.jpg[/img] concerning winters, cancel your locality thus, on the same plane has suit such brutal rays too.
So, this is after all you in truth your windows not by any stretch of the imagination or curtains added to an affordable price. Energy this would put off you bolster your windows…
These types be advantageous to are close to or polyester known helps you blaze advantage your all over helps you circumvent your scope winter, span you looker stranger it.
Cheap Bray Shades:
Its close by winter added thus, insulating windows near winter could irritate you apropos bills. Merely remember, nifty expansively insulated windows determination you affection protects you & your abet night. Sometimes, delight could around your bailiwick or house winter addition thus, redness is irk solutions refrain from your contract massage bills. epitomize winter is pad windows be incumbent on your home.